Atlantic Pump manufactures Fuel Oil Pump Sets known for their industry leading reliability, user friendliness, and robustness. We construct and build these fuel oil pump sets from top of the line components, and back them with Atlantic Pump’s commitment to after-sale support and excellence.
Fuel Oil Pump Sets Feature:
- Positive displacement pumps from leading manufacturer +Viking.
- +Strainers from Eaton Duplex
- Welded-construction main base frame, with 3” Drip Lip and drain connections
- Forged steel high pressure threaded fittings and schedule 80 interconnecting threaded piping with union break points
- NEMA 12 Control Panel directly mounted on main base frame
- Complete assembly, wiring, and testing before shipment
- A comprehensive documentation and operating instruction package included with each fuel oil set
- Option to modify, redesign, or accommodate customer’s specific requirements, including mechanical and electrical modifications and more
- Here are some recent examples of our Fuel Oil Pump Sets work. The application for these fuel oil pump sets are numerous, their versatility unrivaled.
Here are some examples of Fuel Oil Pump Sets that we have recently built. Their applications are numerous, their versatility unmatched.
+Viking Pump provides these guidelines about Fuel Oil Pump Sets for your information. Pump configurations will vary from application to application. For example, pump options may include relief valves, mechanical seals, steel-fitted construction, carbon bushings, and jacketing to name a few. Drives may vary as well, from direct drives to gear reducers or V-belts.
Slower speeds, lower pressures, and materials designed for the anticipated temperature will pay off in longer trouble-free service, even if oil properties vary from those originally anticipated. Simple do’s and don’ts of oil fuel pumping include:
- Do install the pump as close to the supply tank as possible.
- Do install a strainer in the suction line.
- Do double-check alignment once the unit has been mounted and the piping has been hooked up.
- Do perform preventive maintenance procedures like periodic lubrication, internal parts examination, and end clearance adjustment to extend service life.
- Do leave working space around the pumping unit.
- Do use short, straight, and large suction piping. “Short and fat” pipes are excellent.
- Do provide overpressure protection (either on the pump or in-line) for the discharge side of the pump.
- Do obtain, read, and maintain all the maintenance instructions that come with your pump equipment.
Don’ts for Fuel Oil Pumping
- Don’t run a pump at temperatures at higher than approved.
- Don’t run a pump faster than approved speeds.
- Don’t run a pump higher than approved pressures.
- Don’t use extra large, extra long suction line with a suction lift.
To help lengthen service life of the pump, install a pressure gauge and a vacuum gauge on or near the pump. Gauges allow a glimpse into what is happening inside the whole system. Properly interpreting gauge readings gives about the causes of many problems. Records of readings taken over time show gradual changes occurring in the pumping system.
Many fuel oil systems now accommodate No. 2 through No. 6 fuel oils due to the availability of certain fuels at any given time. Each fuel oil’s properties differ slightly, and these differences place unique demands on the system.
Contact Atlantic Pump using the form on the right for more information and quotes on Fuel Oil Pump Sets.